Data Science has become an increasingly competitive field. To stand out among the numerous applicants, it is important for you to make an impactful first impression. A well written and relevant resume does the job for you. Writing a resume can be a daunting task and is surely challenging when there is a pressure of growing competition. In this blog, we will run you through a few tips which will help you grab the attention of your potential employer.
- Keep it short and relevant: No employer will have more than 30 seconds for one resume. There are high chances that your resume gets tossed out if it is more than a page filled with irrelevant information. Boil down your experience information into points so it is easily scannable.
- Customise your resume for the specific data science job: Forwarding the same resume to all the employers is a common practice. A few tweaks in your resume like adding small details here and there in accordance to the job description would certainly impress the recruiter.
- Company-specific projects: If you are a student planning to get into Data Science market, you may want to do a specific project that has direct relevance to the job or the company you’re applying for. Pick up some relevant project and make your way into the dream job.
- Core competencies: Include the list of your core competencies and the tasks you have completed to achieve them. Refer to the data science courses outline to use as a foundation for your information
- Error-free resume: You may have the potential to be an ideal candidate. However, a single grammatical error can be a red flag and may affect your chances of getting hired. Share your resume with a friend who can proofread it for you before sending it to the employers.
Are you considering to enhance your data science skills? Enroll today with Skill Sigma.