AWS has become the leading provider of on-demand cloud computing services. With every aspiring developer looking to make it big in the cloud computing ecosystem, it is important to have a thorough understanding of AWS. If you are eyeing for the role of an AWS Developer, we have put together the top 5 interview questions which will help you take a step further towards your career goal.
1. Define Auto Scaling
Answer: Auto-scaling is a function that supports the provision and launch of instances after recognizing the demand. It is useful in providing resource capacities as the changing levels of demands.
2. What is Geo-targeting in CloudFront? List out the steps.
Answer: Geo-targeting in CloudFront helps in creating customized content for a specific audience based on their geographical location. This helps businesses showcase their targeted products based on the audience in a specific location without any URL changes.
There are 4 steps involved in CloudFront:
1. Creating a CloudFront formation in JASON or YAML formats
2. Saving Codes in the S3 bucket so that serves as a repository for the code.
3. Using AWS CloudFormation to create a new stack on the template.
4. CloudFormation reads the file and understands the services that are required with their order and relationships with other services.
3. What are the roles in AWS?
Answer: When you first create an AWS account, you have access to all AWS services and resources in the account. This is called the AWS account root user and is accessed using the email and password provided while creating the account. However, this is not used to give access to others who want to access your AWS account. Instead, creating individual IAM accounts and one for yourself to use it for everyday tasks.
4. What is the instance type that can be used to deploy a 4 node cluster of Hadoop?
Answer: The c4.8xlarge instance is preferred for the master machine while the i2large instance seems fit for the slave machine. One other way is to launch the Amazon EMR instance that will automatically configure the servers. Hence you would not need to manually configure the instance and install the Hadoop cluster while using the Amazon EMR instance.
5. What AWS services will you choose to collect and process e-commerce data for real-time analysis?
Answer: DynamoDB is appropriate for collecting data and the data is unstructured. AmazonRedshift can be used for real-time analysis of the unstructured eCommerce data.
These are some of the top AWS interview questions list aimed at tightening your AWS interview preparations. Do you have any AWS questions that you would like to ask? Do let us know in the comments section and we would be happy to answer.
SkillSigma’s AWS course focuses on making you an industry expert with real-time projects and internships after the completion of the course. Apply Now.